Digital Marketing | What is On-Page SEO?
Knowing how to carry out content optimization techniques is vital. SEO is a practice that will largely determine the success or failure of any marketing strategy.
Doing SEO (Search Engine Optimization) consists of applying a series of techniques to give a website the correct internal structure to facilitate search engine crawling.
Now, it’s important to note that to carry it out, there are two different ways. One of them, called Off-Page SEO, refers to everything that happens outside the website. On the other hand, On-Page SEO deals with all internal issues, that is, everything that is presented in terms of structure and content.
This time, we will talk about On-Page SEO.
On-Page SEO: the structure of the site
Right now, we are talking about establishing communication between search engines and websites. For this reason, optimization is as important a step as it’s in particular.
When we talk about On-Page SEO, we are referring to the internal structure of the site. And we are not only talking about the contents; the structure of the page code also takes on great importance.
Essentially, SEO is not about a highly technical or absolute set of rules. But a kind of standardization of processes can be detected, which are granted by search engines (for example Google) and which must be respected. Here are some of them:
- Title: a good title, using the keywords correctly, will contribute to the increase in CTR. Here, understanding the difference between long-tail and short-tail is essential.
- URL: must be friendly and descriptive. The words should be separated by hyphens and ideally, they should not contain more than five words.
- Meta-description: in On-Page SEO, the meta description is important but not decisive for the positioning. In this case, we will say that it only influences the reader, giving them more information about the site.
- Heading: The structure of the headings is of the utmost importance. To avoid penalties, each page of the site must have a unique H1, and the following headings must be written, in decreasing order of importance, from H2 to H6.
- Images: not to speak from a more technical point of view, we will only say that the use of images must always be implemented from HTML, granting the corresponding “alt” attributes.
These five points are just some of those that should be taken into consideration when proposing a digital marketing strategy from SEO. And doing it in the correct way is a guarantee of success.
At ABC Digital we are specialists in organic positioning. Don’t let more time go by and contact us so that we can start developing your SEO strategy!